This page is for LAUSD students to tell their story about the importance of public education. To guide your story, consider answering the below questions with lots of detail, including years or decades, examples, and ideas.
- Your name as you want it to appear on lausdhistory.org
- Please provide a list of all LAUSD schools you attended and any graduation dates.
- What were your most memorable learning and life experiences from LAUSD? What did your public education mean to you and the direction of your life? Were there challenging moments. If so, why?
- What did the LAUSD contribute to your neighborhood(s) and the city? To California and the nation?
- What is the role of public education in our city and society? Why do you think this?
- Other thoughts?
You can submit your responses by filling in a submission form or uploading a Microsoft Word or Google Docs file here. After you submit your story, we will create a post based on your responses. We may edit your submission for clarity and to protect the privacy of individuals mentioned in your stories. If we have questions, we will email you to clarify your responses. You can also submit a photo of yourself if you like.
Students are arranged by last name. Click on the below letters to find students.